I was nominated by the very lovely and sweet Kymm of Diagonalll
Beauty & Lifestyle blog last September for the Liebster Award! Thank you Kymmy! <3 Be sure to check out her blog, as well her answers to her Liebster Award nomination here
Basically, it’s an award given to up and
coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers by other bloggers in the community. The word “Liebster” itself is German, meaning “sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, loveliest, cutest, a darling… (and the list goes on, but simply, everything nice)”.
As of today, I have less than 200 (198 to be exact! :P) blog followers on my blog, according to WordPress. I won’t really consider myself as an “up and coming” blogger since this is my 5th year of blogging, but I really appreciate this nomination and even though I procrastinated soooo long, I want to pass on this Liebster Award and love to other bloggers too! 😀
Thank the person who nominated you by linking their blog.
Answer the 11 questions the nominator gave you.
Nominate 11 other bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
Create 11 questions for your nominees.
Let your nominees know by getting in touch with them.
1. What made you start your beauty blog?
I started Enabalista in end 2010 when I was still a Fashion Media & Industries (Management) student in LASALLE and wanted to share my behind the scenes photos and review of Fashion Week in Singapore
. Then I also decided to include skincare reviews when I signed up to receive and review products from Sample Store
. Although I have since stopped reviewing products sent from Sample Store (I had a clause that I could only review a certain’s brand products when I was representing them as their digital ambassador), that was I started my Lifestyle; Fashion, Beauty & more blog. 🙂
2. What are 3 of your must-have beauty items?
1. CC Cushion Compact – Laneige or TheFaceShop Sunscreen Cushion (the colour matches my skin to a T)
2. Lip Balm – Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour
3. Lipstick – current favourites include MAC’s Huggable collection, Etudehouse’s Liquid Lips, L’Oreal’s Colour Riche and Laneige Duo Colour Lip bar.
3. What are 3 of your must-have skincare items?
1. Kose Sun Protect Essence Gel
2. Bioderma Sensibio Makeup Remover
3. Moisturizer for Day and Night, I use several brands, right now I’m trying out Orbis’ Clear Range M Moisturizer.
4. What is one beauty step you have to take everyday before you leave the house (filling in your brows/your cat-eyes)?
Definitely putting on moisturizer and sunblock. That’s 2 steps, I know. 😛
5. What would your dream job be and why?
Business owner, selling products, bringing joy to others and earning money even while I am on my holiday (the business doesn’t stop when I’m travelling)! 😀
6. Write down your favourite quote.
“Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity.” – 1 Timothy 4:12
I grew up in church reading this from the bible and hearing youth pastors share and encouraging us with this verse. So I grew up believing that nothing; not youth, not inexperience can stop anyone to be the best they can be. I grew up believing that if a person puts her heart, mind and soul into her goal, she can achieve it. 🙂
7. Dinner before dessert or Dessert before dinner?
Dessert after dinner for sure!
8. Is there a make up step that you’re completely FAIL at? (hahaha! that would be falsies for me)
I’m not really good with Mascaras and Falsies! I don’t apply them often, so I take super long, 15-30 minutes to put them on.
9. Long hair or short hair?
Currently Long. 🙂
10. Would you rather lose all of your make up or skincare items?
This is a tough one! I have a lot more makeup products than skincare items, because I usually use up my skincare products as I use them on a almost daily basis, while I use my makeup products on a rotation basis. I will have to go with, I rather lose my skincare items and I will buy the few important products I use on a daily basis. 😛
These ladies would likely to have more than 200 blog followers, but do take part in this award tag still! 😀
1. What’s your favourite makeup brand and why?
2. What’s your favourite skincare brand and why?
3. Name 3 Fashion and/or Beauty Influencers’ Blog or Instagram that you follow and personally recommend.
4. Other than blogging, what other hobby/hobbies do you have?
5. List 3 characteristics of a person that attracts you the most.
6. Who is your favourite celebrity / group / band?
7. What’s the most recent movie that you’ve watched and recommend?
8. What’s your favourite song and why?
9. Which app do you use the most on the phone and why?
10. Where do you usually shop (whether online or offline)?
11. List 3 things on your bucket list.
Hope you enjoyed reading this post, I will update their links if they blog about the response!