I’ve been on a little shopping spree…
Bought items (3 dresses & 4 pairs of shoes to be exact) from GoJane.com on Tuesday night and I bought a pair of strapped wedges from Charles and Keith and was tempted to also get a Fendi inspired red bag in the window…
Why do we like to shop so much?
Let me list the reasons why.
Girls will never have enough of:
1. Lipstick colours. See my previous post on sampling Etude House lip colours and how I want them all, seriously.
2. Shoes of different types like flat, heels, wedges, running shoes, etc.
3. Bags of different types and colours like bucket bag in country plaid, red, black or tab work /office bag, pink or other favorite colour day/ date bag, hand purse or clutch for dinners or formal events. (Read: it can be both a boon or a bane to be a girl)
So the eternal question: how do we RESIST the temptation???
1. Decide on the chosen item and budget you have to buy.
2. When you are out and you are shopping keep to your budget. Don’t waver.
3. When you waver, decide you MAY get it ANOTHER DAY. So you leave the shop, and go back another time. If it’s gone the next time you’re there, then it’s just not meant to be, besides you didn’t plan to buy it anyways! But if you go back the next time, it’ll be planned. 😀
As for Online shopping….
1. Put your Credit Card far far far away. Ask your mum to safe keep it from you when you are browsing online and
2. When you want to buy the items, review them with your mum or sister or best friend and ask for honest opinion if it is 1. really necessary 2. within your budget 3. not a replicate of what you already have.
Any other effective tips you have that I have missed out? 🙂
P.S. Here are the sale items I got from GoJane. 😀
My colleague says the quality isn’t great, the shoes will last a year, tops. But at those prices USD$10+ per pair, I don’t need them to last that long either! HA.
Can’t wait to have them shipped over, will do a haul post, or maybe even a video then!
- Temptations (onegirlone.wordpress.com)
- shopping? (blankcarddiary.com)
- Charles & Keith’s F/W Collection Is Seriously Cool – Denise Li (materialworldsingapore.com)
- 4 Tips to Get Your Spending Under Control (foxbusiness.com)
- 10 Reasons Why Women Love Shopping (mitziel.wordpress.com)